Science-based facts about vitamins
What are the facts about vitamins?
What happened to the days when you could just take a multivitamin and be done with it?
When did your health and nutrition get so confusing?
Vita-dose.com is dedicated to getting the facts about vitamins and supplements on the table for everyone to see.
I'm a pharmaceutical chemist and I've been researching nutritional supplements for over three years. Recently, I start asking questions like "how do I know this antioxidant is actually working?" and "would vitamin advertising claims stand up to an FDA clinical trial?"
As I dug deeper into the literature, the answers become progressively less clear. For a while, I even thought of giving up on vitamins altogether.
But then I realized: if I've got a PhD and I can barely wrap my head around why I take certain supplements, what does the average consumer know?
So here we are. I've researched the problem thoroughly, and I started this site to put quality, science-based information out to answer questions like "what vitamins should I take?" "what are the benefits of antioxidants?" and "what happens if I take too much vitamin E?"
This site is geared to people who are already paying attention to their diet and exercise, and want to use vitamins and supplements to improve their health, mental clarity, and quality of life.
- The Vita-Dose Blog
- The vita-dose blog brings the latest in vitamin and supplement research to you. We dig deep in the research behind the pills you take every day. This blog is for informed consumers of vitamins.
- List All Vitamins
- Vitamins get confusing. If you list all vitamins, which should you supplement? We cover that here.
- What does vitamin D do?
- what does vitamin D do? Is it just good for your bones? What is the story about vitamin D and cancer? Science-based answers are here.
- The Benefits of Vitamin E
- Do you want to learn about the benefits of vitamin E, but are a little worried because of some of the risks you've heard about? Get the facts about vitamin E straight from the scientific literature.
- Omega 3 Fatty Acids
- Of all supplements on the market, omega 3 fatty acids offer the most surprisingly favorable combination of safety and proven benefits.
- CoQ10 Information
- Full CoQ10 information, commentary and advice from skin care to use as a drug or oral supplement.
- Resveratrol Supplements
- Resveratrol supplements are overhyped! Get the real story on this supplement here.
- Eating For Energy Review
- Eating for Energy is packed with inghts that will change the way you think about food. Read this review of the most complete raw food guide on the internet.
- Benefits of eating raw foods
- The benefits of eating raw foods are increased energy levels, weight loss, disease prevention, deeper sleep and much more. Learn more here
- Legal Disclaimer
- Vita-dose.com does not give medical advice.
- Site Build It Review
- This site build it review describes how I went from knowing literally nothing about web design to building two website with SBI in three months.